After listening to customer feedback, we’ve made a few changes to Blake’s Kitchen’s opening hours.
From today, our new opening hours will be:
- Monday to Friday: 8:30am until 4:00pm
- Saturday: 8:30am until 3:00pm
Hopefully our new hours will be simpler for both our team and customers, and will mean you can safely join us for lunch on Wednesdays and Saturdays without feeling the need to rush out of the door.
As we have been getting busier, we have been finding it more difficult to cook and prepare our dishes whilst delivering a busy service. We make everything from scratch using only the best quality, natural ingredients; from the bread for your sandwich, to the homemade falafel or home-cured salt beef filling. Hopefully closing a littler earlier in the week will mean we have more time when the café is closed to cook and prepare for the following day. And most importantly, it should give us a little more time with Martha, our lovely daughter before she goes to bed (who knew an almost-two-year old could be so utterly hilarious).
The Post Office trading hours will remain unchanged (sorry Janet!!), and are as follows:
- Monday 8:30am until 1:00pm and then 2:00pm until 5:00pm
- Tuesday 8:30am until 1:00pm and then 2:00pm until 5:00pm
- Wednesday 8:30am until 1:00pm
- Thursday 8:30am until 1:00pm and then 2:00pm until 5:00pm
- Friday 8:30am until 1:00pm and then 2:00pm until 5:00pm
- Saturday 8:30am until 12:30pm
On days when the Post Office is open later than the café, you will of course be welcome to browse and shop in our food store.*
As mentioned above, 13 months into our journey of starting our little bakery-café in Clanfield, we are growing nicely. We wanted to use this opportunity to thank new and old customers alike. It is so lovely to see and hear people enjoying themselves in the space that Nicola’s Grandma first started all those years ago. She would have been happier than anyone to see what it has become. And for us, it makes all those 5am baking shifts and late nights totally worthwhile. We are having a blast. Thank you everyone for your support and kind words!
* I totally accept that having said our intention was to simplify our opening hours, it still sounds complicated. This is either down to my inept and convoluted writing style, or the fact that they are still complicated. I will leave that for you to decide.